Chris and I are about to embark on a journey that could soon have us screaming at each other as Basil and Sybil did. If you don’t know the connection watch the ‘short’ from one of our favorite shows; Fawlty Towers.
This analogy is pertinent presently as we just bought a house, a mansion really, that we’re considering turning into an Inn. This home needs a whole lot of LOVE! This is it from the outside.
This is what we could do with the property… knock it down and create 8-12 condos and sell ’em all!
The interior has been let go and has had a few ‘out there’ design details…
Yup, that’s carpet filling in where a row of tiles… disappeared?
Oh my, the kitchen needs work.
What’s with all the arches?
The master bath is from the 70’s… and yet is only about 15 years old.
The powder room, well?
But it’s the view that caught our interest!
So, now that we’ve spent the majority of our pesos on the property, we’re creating a many phased plan of what to do with the building, the property; our new home.
1. Clean it.
2. Paint and ‘make good’ the interior.
3. Furnish, place art and accessories.
4. Fix the pool.
5. Landscape and make ‘pretty’ the yard. I’m so excited about this, gardening is such a passion of mine and it seems everything grows easily here!
6. Share the property with guests.
- Initially, we’ll have 4 guest rooms, each with a private bath.
- We’re considering a beach club so boaters and folks without pools have a place to go.
- There’s more, so much more we’re thinking of, but poco a poco as they say here; little by little…
Would love your input. Condos or Boutique hotel? Beach club ~ do you like the idea and if so, what would you pay to hang by the pool for the day or rent a chair on the beach?
Until we’re done I’ll share the unfolding of ideas, projects, etc. I hope you enjoy and are inspired!
Inspire someone today!
Not feeling it? Be kind, be generous… be love!
Update; we are now Innkeepers, visit us at http://www.VillaAmorDelMar.com
Pingback: Monday musings ~ The pool reveal. | ¡Inspired!
Pingback: Working hard and getting close… uh, closer. | ¡Inspired!