We had many choices when it came to that darn pool!
- Just clean it and fill it with water.
- Re-tile it and fill it with water
- Renovate it totally.
Somewhere in the decision making of ‘What to do with the place’ we decided to create a luxury, intimate resort. My husband, teasing, says we’ll be ‘Fawlty Towers’ meets the ‘Four Seasons Resorts’. Therefore, when it came to the pool, we opted for option #3. The pool had to look lovely, be comfortable and have something special for the guests we plan to attract. In renovating;
- We removed all the tile taking it back to the concrete base.
- We took all measures to be sure there were no leaks.
- We changed it from chlorine to saline ~ so much softer on the skin and easy on the eyes – same salt consistency as tears.
- We created;
- an infinity edge
- an island where one can stretch out.
- a seat, somewhat of a meeting place – overlooking the bay, near the infinity edge.
- a seat at the deep end.
- stairs into the pool
“LUXURY MUST BE COMFORTABLE, OTHERWISE IT IS NOT LUXURY” – COCO CHANEL
Enough words, here are some photos.
Just when the guys thought they were done, they had to dig a huge hole for the infinity edge cistern!!
And then they could fill it with water!
And the first guy in the pool… my father-in-law, I call him Papa, Gilles Bouchard. He even yelled “Haha, I’m in the pool before the owners!” Sassy pants!!
And this is why we did what we did;
For a very special vacation… www.villaamordelmar.com
Inspire someone today!
Not feeling it? Be Kind.Be Generous.BE LOVE!
Wow! Hard to believe, an amazing job. Loved the bench 🙂